amblen + leif + owen!

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Göteborg, Sweden

Amblen gets a kick out of saying Göteborg, pronounced something like 'yert-a-boy' but with a lot of Swedish intonation. Sweden's second largest city feels much more industrial but has some great things to see. We went first to get a good view over the city.































































The sunset was great again that evening...



















The next day we went to the Universeum, a science museum with a multi-story tropical rain forest, an exhibit which traces the waterways in Sweden from the snowy north to the sea and ocean. Amblen's favorite was the shark tank. Ben's was the exhibit on poisonous snakes. I liked the little monkey.






















































































































It is hard to see in this photo, but at the front of the tank was a little pink sea urchin. Amblen pointed at it through the glass and said, "mommy, that one looks kind of like desert!" I laughed so hard... and then looked back and realized it looked exactly like a zinger (and I swear Amblen has never had one!)


















The Universeum also had several hands-0n science exhibits...one was about health and exercise. Amblen loved the race track and the sound of the fans going wild.





Here you can see why I liked that room so much...





They also had exhibits about space....






















And a great, and well equipped, hands-on exhibit about the science of sound...






The next day we checked out all the second hand stores in town and then went to the Fish Market for a snack. The building looks like a church, so the locals have named it the Fish Church or Fisk Kyrka












































As in any town, Amblen has the most fun riding the trams, trolleys, buses and trains.













3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Z said...

Love you guys

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love the videos! Keep 'em coming.

ecubed

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger L&L said...

We LOVE your blog! I think that I see more of you now that I ever have!!!
Auntie L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home